Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 1 Observation

Today I sat through the 12:00 Am Cops 2.0 episode while observing their IRC chat. This television show and IRC chat both work together in congruence. At the bottom of the television is a box that contains information regarding what is ocurring on the show. They ask multiple questions that allow the IRC users to answer. Then the host picks the answers that will be displayed on the television. When the first question was asked, about 14 different users responded with various answers. Most answers were not serious. For example the show asked, "How would you clear a room?" Many IRC users responded with "I'd get Arnold," "Throw a gas bomb," and "With my mutt." There were also many users who constantly spammed useless information. I also saw a couple users get booted from the chat for saying curse words. I looked at everyones user name and many of them were in a masculine form. During commercial breaks, the users were constantly spamming jokes. Nobody was in real conversation. This is all that I had observed today.

No comments: